Programs may need to edit a student's responses to custom questions on their Standard Registration form for many reasons:
- The info may have been entered incorrectly at the time of registration.
- The student's original response may no longer apply on future registrations.
- The custom question may be a hidden field used only by Admin Users, such as a "Notes" field to store and track information on individual student profiles.
Responses to custom questions on your Standard Registration Form can be edited by Admin Users at any time, within the student's profile in your Admin Menu.
Note: At this time, custom questions on Class-Specific Registration Forms cannot be edited after registration by anyone (Admin User or student).
To edit responses to fields on your Standard Registration Form, simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to the student's profile one of the following ways:
- Navigate to Admin Menu > Registration > Students and click on the student's name; or,
- Search for the student in your Admin Search in the upper right corner of the window, and click on the student's name in the Admin Search Results.
- In the student profile pop-up window, click the "Actions" button in the upper right corner.
- Click "Update Info."
- Make the desired changes to the registration form fields.
- Click "Save Changes."
That's all there is to it!
What if I add a new custom question to my Standard Form but some students have already registered previously for a class?
No problem! Whenever you add a custom form question to your Standard Registration form, that field will appear on all student profiles in your Admin Menu. You can add questions and then retroactively edit the field in your student profiles by following the steps above. This is especially helpful if you would like to add hidden fields for Admin Users to use, such as a student ID number or a "Notes" field.
My Standard Form question is price-adjusting. If I edit a student's response, will the price-adjustment apply on their next registration?
Yes! The price-adjusting impact of your edits as an Admin User will take effect for the student immediately upon saving the edits in your Admin Menu. For example: let's say you have a "membership" option at your program, so you create a Standard Form question that asks, "Are you a member?" for all your classes. A response of "yes" results in a 15% discount on the price of classes at your program, while a "no" response results in no price discount. Let's say that your memberships are annual, so once per year your staff manually updates any students who have not renewed their membership to a "no" response. As soon as the Admin User updates this field to "no" in the student's profile, that change will be reflected on their next registration and the 15% discount will not be automatically applied.
It is important to note that students can edit their responses to Standard Form questions on future registrations. If the student in the example above renews their membership after the Admin User changed their response to "no" for this question, the student will be able to update their response to the question "Are you a member?" to "yes" on future registrations. If this question is still a price-adjusting question at that time, the price adjustment will then be applied to the student's registrations.